Home Forums Troubleshooting Subscription Payments: Frequently Asked Questions and Common Problems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Peter M. Ball 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Peter M. Ball
    Keymaster

The AWM team is pretty small – most weeks we’re just a single, part-time employee and an intern – so we can’t always respond to technical support queries as quickly as we’d like too. If you’re experiencing problems with your subscription payment, this thread catalogues some of the common problems and frequently asked questions that have come up.

FAQ: My Payment Hasn’t Gone Through and I Can’t Access the Subscriber Only Content. What’s gone wrong?

Occasionally, our payment system is unable to process a payment, and your subscription is stalled at the pending stage. Usually, when this happens, one of three things have happened:

• There’s a typo in your credit card details and the payment system hasn’t been able to process it.
    • You’ve attempted to use a credit card that our system doesn’t recognise. Usually this is an American Express card (we can only take Visa and Mastercard)
    • We’ve been unable to establish a link to our payment gateway or your bank has declined the transaction.

These can all be resolved by attempting a second online payment via the subscription system, or contacting our parent organisation, Queensland Writers Centre, and finalising your subscription payment over phone. Subscriptions attached to phone payments have to be processed manually, which can take up to 48 hours during busy periods.

FAQ: How Long Does It Take For My Subscription To Be Processed?

If you’ve paid for your subscription online, it should be activated automatically. If this isn’t the case, something has gone wrong with your payment and you should refer to the question above for options.

If you’ve paid for your subscription over the phone, it can take up to forty-eight hours for your subscription to get manually activated during busy periods (usually, we’ll get it done faster).

Can I Buy A Gift Subscription To AWMonline?

We can’t do them via the online payment system, but if you contact our parent organisation, Queensland Writers Centre, we can set up a code that will activate a Gift Subscription when entered as part of the sign-up process.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Peter M. Ball.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.