Home Forums General Discussion Pitching Success

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chantal Writes 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jo Hartley
    Participant

Hi all

Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi as just joined this group, though it doesnt look like there has been much activity in here lately :(

I am a Freelance Writer and just wondered if anyone would be willing to share their stories re pitching successes and failures…something we can all learn from.

Thanks
    Jo

Frank Smith
    Participant

Pitching can be very frustrating when you first start. Having a track record of publishing in other magazines helps but otherwise just keep on trying out your story ideas
    Frank

Carolyn Juricskay
    Participant

I submitted to many places with no success, then paid for a good manuscript assessment. I nearly cried when I realised how much work it needed, then had a glass of red, slept really well, and by the next morning I was itching to fix everything. The book was picked up by the next publisher I tried. Well worth spending the money – I learnt so much!

Chantal Writes
    Participant

This thread is quite old, but in the hopes you are still online here just wondering which manuscript assessment service you used? And an a rough idea of cost?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.