Home Forums New Members Newbie

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AWM Publisher 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jessica Lacey
    Participant

My name is Jessica and I have been writing g fo my self since I was a child. I’m working on a book but regularly swing between grandiose confidence and chewing up Valium like candy. I’m really hoping for a lifeline. Or a mentor. Or just a little reassurance here and there.

AWM Publisher
    Keymaster

Hi Jessica
    Those are very understandable feelings. I think most writers go through similar cycles of confidence and self-doubt – at least all the writers I know! I’m glad you’re working on developing your career and exploring your options by joining AWM.

Have you tried joining a writers group? They can be very effective in helping you foster a community of like-minded people who are at a similar stage of their practice as you. You might also get a lot out of a writers conference or convention. AWM hosts our very own writers conference – GenreCon. But there are conferences and conventions for all kinds of writers all around Australia, and they are excellent places to develop your networks, learn new skills, and look deeper into the craft and business of writing. The Emerging Writers Festival might be just up your alley!

We also host weekly writing races on our AWM facebook page. These kind of act as a small community of writers who get together and hang out in an online space for an hour every week. If you’re still finding your feet community-wise, it’s a low-commitment option you might find interesting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.