Home Forums New Members Hello, is anyone there?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  olivia williams 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jessica Cameron
    Participant

Hello out there … (In my head that line is echoing through the long empty corridors of the internet)

Joining AWM is my next big step towards becoming a writer and on one leve it feels safe because I could decide to never log on again or use any of the resources. But on another level I have this bubbly feeling like I’ve drunk too much coffee because now I have so much information at my fingertips and I want to know and use it all, right now. But I’m navigating uncharted territory and I need help reading the map.

So I’ll start with asking for a little help to find a writers society based in South Brisbane or even an online group. I”m hoping for something small to connect with other aspiring fiction writers (at this point don’t know anyone else).

Next, where is the best place is to learn about how to look for publishers and pitching the story. Is there an article that summarises the steps and expectations involved?

I’m looking forward to the discoveries ahead!

À bientôt
    J Cameron

Alison Walton
    Participant

Hi Jessica
    I’m not in Brisbane unfortunately. Like you I’m new to this group and hoping it can guide me upwards and onwards.
    What genre do you write? I am currently working on a paranormal/horror. (when I say currently, it’s actually been many years). I’m at the stage where I can see light at the end of the tunnel, even it it’s flickering. :)
    Would love to hear from another writer.
    Cheers Alison

Lauren Loos
    Participant

Hi Jessica

I’ve only just seen your post and realise it’s quite old now…

I’m a Brisbane based writer. I’m unfortunately not a member of any writing groups, but would love to join one or to just make some writer friends to bounce ideas off, chat with, etc.

Would love to hear from you.

Lauren

Jessica Cameron
    Participant

Hi Lauren,

I am so sorry it has taken nearly the whole year to get back to you! I’ve been inundated with trying to get my first book finished in time for a competition.
    Whereabouts in Brisbane are you? What sort of writing do you do? Going to a writing group with someone would make it so much less scary!

Hope to hear from you.
    Jessica

olivia williams
    Participant

Hello, I am Olivia Williams from the UK and works on that organisation which is provide the Assignment help for the students
    Assignment help Liverpool

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.