Home Forums New Members Hello from my creative bubble in the Illawarra :)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chantal Writes 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chantal Writes
    Participant

Hi out there, my name is Chantal, and I just completed my very first novel! (doing a spazzy-happy dance :) I have never been published, that is my next step from here. It took me almost all my life to decide that I wanted to take my writing from a creative personal outlet to something I pursue as a career. So here I am, hopefully I’ve come to the right place! I’m hoping I can learn all kinds of things from this writers resource center and with any luck, get published :)

Marge.Foley
    Participant

Hi Chantal
    Sounds like you are on your way! I am also writing my first novel and just did the ‘Pitching to Publisher course on-line. I wanted to write all of my life, but only now that I am retired do I have time to write. How is your search going for publisher? I have a way to go before I am ready for that.

Chantal Writes
    Participant

Hi Marge,
    It’s going well, I’m a list maker! So have a whiteboard full of potential publishers. I have submitted my novel to 5 publishers thus far. (Researched who would be a likely candidate for my genre and writing style.)
    I’m aware that I can’t resubmit it if it doesn’t get picked up, so testing to see if I get any responses. If not I might need to edit again. A ‘Pitching to Publisher course, sounds like a fab idea! I have started 2 more novels just because I have ideas and I can’t not write at this point lol it’s just a matter of if it’s worthy of publishing. I did gather up quite a few test readers so I’m staying positive but realistic. I’m glad you are finally doing something you love :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.