Home Forums New Members G'day from a Tearaway

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Francis 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

John Francis
    Participant

Hi. I’m John Francis, based in Melbourne. I’ve been a journalist in various forms – radio, newspapers, and magazines (I’m the founder New Zealand’s Tearaway Magazine, that was huge in the 1990s). I’ve been producing videos on the life story of others for a few years, but it’s now time to get on to my own life story, so I have a little series of books ‘in the works’

I’ll probably put the cart before the horse and finish the last part first – the story of the roller-coaster ride that was the running of Tearaway. Then, like Star Wars, I’ll head for the prequels.

I spent a good deal of time in the late 1960s, early 1970s in the Outback, interviewing drovers, station hands, prospectors and the like, all of them in their old age back then, so well dead now. Another book will deal with sailing sans-engine, radio, or GPS to South and Central America.

It’s great that we no longer need a pen, or typewriter to write all this stuff. I just need to have a little chat with Siri each night before I go to bed, and whoo-ee, another 1,000 words or so are ready for me in the morning.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.