Home Forums New Members Any writers in the Central West of NSW?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MargaretPaton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MargaretPaton
    Participant

Hi, everyone

I’m a newbie to the forum, too.

For the past year I’ve been freelancing as a writer (and casual primary school teacher) to earn my living. Loving the balance.

To meet other writers in the area, I’ve co-founded the Central West Freelance Writers’ Group. We meet on the last Friday morning of the month in Millthorpe plus we have monthly Sunday brunches where we talk about different topics (I’m running a mini-masterclass at the next one on how to use Upwork as a writer – those brunches visit different towns. The April 30 one will be in Bathurst).

Both events are monthly and it’s about writers – fiction and nonfiction, paid and unpaid – catching up to talk about their craft, swap tips/gripes, even sometimes share a bit of writing for feedback. It’s pretty informal and each time we always have some different folks along.

If anyone’s interest, please email me on margaret.paton1@gmail.com or ring 0417 423 812.

Happy writing!

Regards
    Margaret

B.F. Gordon
    Participant

Hi Margaret,

I just sent you an email.

Cheers,

Bryan.

MargaretPaton
    Participant

UPDATE: Due to work commitments, we’re no longer meeting on Friday mornings at the end of the month. BUT yes, we’ll continue to have a monthly Sunday writers’ brunch. This will be held in a different town in the Central West each month.
    Thanks
    rgds
    M

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.